Distance Education Association of Southern Africa Conference and Annual General Meeting, Tanzania, 30th September - 2nd October, 2011
Proposed General and Sub-Themes for the 46th DEASA Conference
Conference Theme: Enhancing Access and Success in Education through Open and Distance Learning (ODL) in the SADC region
- Promoting Education Provision for Special Groups through ODL- The sub-theme deals with practice and possibilities of ODL modes in serving people with disabilities, marginalized and vulnerable groups. What are the experiences in the provision of ODL to special groups? Research on relevant curriculum, teaching and learning.
- Roles of ICT in learning through Distance Education Programmes- The sub-theme covers the use of ICT in ODL, public attitudes on the use of ICT, the function of government and non-governmental agencies in relation to ICT use in ODL
- Management of innovative ODL programmes - In this sub-theme the focus is on managing blended learning programmes, provision of support services to learners, relevant leadership skills in a changing ODL programmes and current trends on professional development for planning and management of ODL in the knowledge society world.
- Collaboration and Partnership in Open and Distance Learning - The sub-theme focus on formation of alliance between various stakeholders in provision of ODL. It covers partnership between government and private providers, relevant modes and forms of collaboration and partnership, for example in open schools and universities as well as challenges in establishing the Public Private Partnership collaborations and partnerships in ODL
- Moving towards Relevant Meanings in Provision of Education through ODL- Provision of appropriate education is the main focus of the sub-theme. The authors are expected to cover designing of learner-centred education, adoption and implementation of competence-based curriculum through ODL, designing instruction materials and training of qualified teachers at all levels through ODL.
|Call for abstracts of 150 words:||31ste May 2011|
|Due date for abstracts:||30th June 2011|
Authors of papers and posters are invited to send abstracts and full papers to the undersigned. An editorial review panel will scrutinize all abstracts and all papers shall be peer reviewed before being published in conference proceedings. The main objective of this conference is to share experiences and knowledge in key areas related to Open and Distance Learning (ODL), and how ODL can fast track the development of Africa and other developing regions of the world.
Abstracts and papers should be submitted to:
Institute of Adult Education
P.O Box 20679 – Dar es Salaam, TANZANIA
BibiTiti Mohamed Street
Tel: +255 22 2150838/2151048
Fax: +255 22 2150836
For more information refer to the brochure1 and brochure2. Complete this registration form (MS Word format) if you would like to attend and email it to the Institute of Adult Education - information above.