First announcement and call for papers
On behalf of the conference organising committee, we would like to invite you to submit papers for the Open Learning Conference 2018.
Venue: University of South Africa, Pretoria.
Hosts: Unisa, University of Pretoria, Nadeosa and DEASA
- Exploring open learning for higher education and teacher development
- Exploring open learning for TVET, Adult Education and Training and Schooling
- Exploring open learning for inclusive access and success
- Exploring OER, MOOCs and the use of technologies in education
- Exploring open scholarship of teaching and learning.
Date: 5 September 2018 (morning session)
Format: Interactive workshop
|1.||Deadline for abstract submissions||31 May 2018|
|2.||Notification of acceptance and feedback||22 June 2018|
|3.||Early bird registration closes||2 July 2018|
|4.||Late registration opens||3 July 2018|
|5.||Deadline for confirmation of presenters’ participation in a conference||30 July 2018|
Submission of abstracts
We invite you to submit an abstract for presentation at the Open Learning Conference 2018.
Guidelines for submission of abstracts:
- The word count for abstracts is 300-500 words.
- Abstracts should be written in Arial 12.
- Please provide the name and contact details of the author/presenter, the institution and the sub-theme.
- Note the dates for submission of abstracts and papers.
- Consideration for acceptance of abstracts will be based on the following criteria
- Does the abstract address issues/challenges/lessons related to the conference theme and a specific sub-theme?
- Does the abstract demonstrate an understanding of the issues and existing scholarship. (Refer to the abovementioned list of sub-themes and related topics.)
- Presentation of full papers will be 15 minutes and 5 minutes for questions.
Submitting an abstract does not mean that you are registered for the conference. The registration process will be opened on the 7 May 2018.
Examples of abstracts
For any enquiries regarding the conference, please contact:
We look forward to seeing you at the Open Learning Conference 2018